Thursday, October 24, 2013

This Week in Vegan Droolery: Cinnamon Pull-Apart Brioche, Apple Pie in Pecan Crust, and More

I have a problem. A serious problem. I could spend all day on my favorite food blogs staring at tantalizing recipes I'll probably never have time to test. Luckily, my incredible job as resident Editor of Yumminess at Reader's Digest allows me that indulge, and recently I even got to crank out a now blockbuster piece on "I Can't Believe It's Vegan!" Comfort Food  from my favorite blogettes (Yet to run in a male vegan food blogger in my travels, but I sure hope they're out there!). What follows is a mix of recipes from some of the most delightful and creative vegan food blogs that I've already stocked my pantry for and others I've tucked into my "THIS IS HAPPENING FILE" after I go apple picking in a few weeks.

So, yes, apples. I can't stop thinking about them. This Apple Pie in a Pecan Crust from Have Cake Will Travel is seasonal, perfectly crumbly and for the love of pie...just sublime-looking.


Because everybody needs a Cinnamon Pull-Apart Brioche to win over their steak-and-eggs guzzling boyfriend. Am I right? Okay even if I'm not, how can you argue with brown sugar, cinnamon and dough in the AM? Thank you, Have Cake Will Travel for salvation from Sweets for Breakfast Withdrawal Syndrome.


What first made me fall in love with Fat Free Vegan Kitchen's recipe, was her use of exotic flavors and ethnic influences into flavor-packed, easy-to-pull-off meals. This Cumin-Infused Vegetables and Chickpeas over Quinoa is no exception. I've fluffed away quinoa lately for ethical reasons, so i plan on digging into this one with farro or sorghum. Yum times twelve.



There are two things you should know about me. I am a bread addict. And I am a tomato addict. Apparently Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes already knew both. Behold: the Eggplant Tomato Bialy Sandwich. To quote a crooning Eddie Vedder on his new album, infallible.


Time to get a-cookin'...just one more quick browsing adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC