Saturday, November 8, 2014

Whiskey Smash? Don't Mind If I Do...

One of the many cool perks of working in publishing is having anywhere between 1-7 excuses to drink on a Monday night thanks to a slew of press events. This past Monday, I was dazzled by the esteemed Harold Pratt house (Don't worry, I had to google it too) at a celebration for Glenfiddich's The Original launch party.

My friend Shallon and I entered the not-so-humble Park avenue abode, bracing ourselves for an evening of whiskey-infused merriment. Not being a whiskey drinker (Sorry...every guy ever), I was bracing myself for an evening of soda water. Instead, I met two cocktails I'm seriously lusting over. Now, you can too (though hopefully not on a Monday):



Whisky Smash
2 oz Grant's
handful fresh mint leaves
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz simple syrup

Combine ingredients and shake well. 
Pour directly from the shaker into an old fashioned glass.
Top with ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.





Whisky Smash Modern
2 oz Monkey Shoulder
4 pieces fresh pineapple
handful fresh arugula leaves
4 dashes Angostua bitters
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
3/4 oz honey syrup

Muddle pineapple then add other ingredients and shake well,
Strain over fresh ice in an old fashioned glass,
Garnish with fresh arugula

Oh and just because:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC