Thursday, December 12, 2013

Wait, You Can Do That With Pears?! <--The Best Pear Recipe You've Never Tried.

I've been on a huge pear kick lately. Maybe I should change my name to Pear-E. But seriously. Lately, I've been scouring the sale bin at my local grocery stores for not quite ripe ones to stock up on the flavorful fruit ("Check the neck" for ripeness--if it gives a little, it's ready to eat). I've been adding them to my standard morning banana + spinach + berries + almond milk + almond butter + whatever else shake. I've been having them for dessert drizzled with maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt (because I'm weird like that). I've even been adding them to my carrot-apple-lime-ginger-spinach juice. Excepts not because when i stand there slicing it in front of my juicer, I just can't help myself and wind up eating it then and there. One thing I haven't been doing is roasting them, but after stumbling across this elegant recipe from 86Lemons for Roasted Pear and Arugula Salad, I knew I was ready for a change.

So you'll imagine my happiness when I got a beautiful holiday delivery filled with a variety of USA Pears.


One quick trip to the grocery store for arugula and lemons later....BAM!


Well, mine didn't look as pretty as Livvy's (and I skipped the dried cranberries, too sweet for me), but you get the idea. P.S. Apple cider vinegar + maple syrup + lemon juice + olive oil = YES.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC