Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Most Brilliant Vegan Stocking Stuffer Gift (And It Only Costs $9.20)



This past year, I became an accidental vegan advocate of sorts when I wrote a series of researched pieces on veganism for Reader's Digest (11 Convincing Reasons That Going Vegan Isn't Crazy, 12 Expert Tips for Becoming Vegan, etc.). It certainly changed my plate and I hope inspired more than a few others too (whether that means joining Meatless Mondays, just crowding out some bad foods by loading up on more veggies when you can, or going from vegetarian to vegan). So when I opened an envelope at work, I was so touched to see that a spokesperson for PETA had written me a note and sent me this beautiful and inspiring sheet of U.S. Postage Photo Stamps (A set of 20 is $9.20, or at least according to my .46 * 20 math skills it is...)

It'll set you back less than a Hamilton (It's okay, I had to look up who was on the $10 too, folks) and make mailing off your monthly rent check that much less painful. Okay, okay, so maybe it won't, but who doesn't need stamps? It's the perfect practical gift that everybody could always use extras. And there's something really nice about thinking that somewhere in a sea of letters, as your envelope crosses through the states, a postal worker in a mail room, your delivery person or a faceless recipient of your Con Ed bill sees the stamp and thinks "Hey, if Sarah Silverman can do it, maybe I can change my plate, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC